Depending on the size of your family, obtain a 50-75 piece puzzle. Divide the pieces so each person old enough to work the puzzle has an equal number. Do not look at the lid to see what the picture looks like. Ask each family member to predict how long it will take to put the puzzle together. When done, discuss:
1. Did it take all of us longer than it would have taken one of us?
2. Name three things we did as a group to cooperate on this task.
3. Name one way our family cooperates really well.
4. Name one thing our family could do better if we cooperated.
5. What would we have to change?
Make plans to make some of the changes and see if your family is able to develop the skill of cooperation.