6 Steps of Listening
1. To STOP what you are doing or saying.
2. To CLEAR AWAY distractions.
3. To LOOK AT OR TOWARD the person speaking.
4. To be able to TELL the person what you heard.
5. To be able to ASK QUESTIONS about what you did not understand.
6. To be able to DO THE TASK the person has requested.
When we cooperate we must:
1. Recognize a job is to be done.
2. Determine the goal.
3. Agree on the strategy and assign tasks to each memeber.
4. Complete your share of the task in a designated time.
5. Evaluate the group's efectiveness.
6. Strategize and make modifications for the next cooperative exercise.
When I resolve problems I:
1. Recognize when a problem exists and attempt to identify the cause.
2. Explore all the facts.
3. Brainstorm possible ways to solve the confilct, and use " what if " thinking to explore the consequences.
4. Discard unrealistic solutions, or any solution that will cause a problem for someone else.
5. Choose a solution, follow through, and evaluate the results.